1/19/2014

Musings of Insanity 1

One day I'll leave and on that day I will finally feel relief. Never will I have to deal with this world's despicable transience. A seemingly unending cycle perpetuating itself into oblivion. An endless recycling of matter and concept, the old disguised as new. How many have been afflicted before me and how many more will there be after? An infinite legion. We never learn or maybe we just learn much too slowly for transience to appreciate (and benefit from).

I wonder how the future will look back on us as we are today. Will they be rueful for the great wealth that we languish in? Will they view us with utter contempt at our present barbarism ... our greed, our self-absorption, our continued willful negligence and ignorance? I hope they will judge us to be fools. I hope they condemn us all for squandering our abundance. We deserve at least that much and much much more. Surely, the coming of tomorrow's dawn will mark the time when the last few grains of sand we hold flow away between our fingers. A seemingly undeniable reality that we are too obstinate to accept as we drown out the warning alarms with our superficial musings and our contrived laughter.

No comments: